Re: [SOLVED] Re: Results of first run of Cinnamon 4.8 packages

Hi Fabio,

thanks a lot for your quick review, much appreciated.

> -  cinnamon-screensaver: to check better about pam, for example in
> upstream added this :
> https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon-screensaver/commit/07fba34429fcff78da4057fe9aed91f5657abe4c#diff-81d93757457f988523814ae0009837ae893f38d3fe123f2c37896f118b4c7804
> (probably to add "-D use-debian-pam=true")

The pam file that *we* have in debian/cinnamon-screensaver.pam and the
one in upstream in data/cinnamon-screensaver.pam.debian are completely
the same, so I suggest:
- leaving the use-debian-pam *off*
- remove the debian/cinnamon-screensaver.pam
to reduce differences to upstream.

WDYT?

> - cinnamon-settings-daemon: to look better about bin links integrated in
> meson:
> https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon-settings-daemon/commit/21511abd352cbc70ce55897550abc47c57f7f54b

Good question. I have set
	-D install_binfiles=false
in debian/rules, because we didn't ship links to all the
	csd_*
in /usr/bin till now.

I am not sure how useful these links are.

Do you suggest shipping all the csd_* as links in /usr/bin?

>     probably to add "-D docs=true"

not supported in cinnamon-settings-daemon, at least according to
meson_options.txt.

>     to look better also other things about migration to meson (I don't
> have time now)

Actually, the debian/rules file needs more cleanup, there are no
links.in files anymore, so the dh_clean override can be removed.

I have removed the stanza now.

> https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon-settings-daemon/commit/34b412038bdfdd567fc8492ad8f9439e6e9dff12
> probably to remove debian/source_cinnamon-settings-daemon.py also here

Good catch, what is that
	apport
anyway? Doing an apt-cache search apport doesn't show up anything.

I have removed it.

> - cjs: to check better if other clean and improvements are possible
> after recent upstream rebase (I don't have time now)

I de-activated the meson option
	-Dinstalled_tests=false
and removed the respective files from debian/not-installed. I don't see
much more that can be done, though.

> - cinnamon-control-center: to check better if other clean and
> improvements are possible after meson migration and some upstream clean
> (I don't have time now)

I don't see any possible improvement here. Meson doesn't offer any
options but the integration of wacom etc, which is already done.

> - cinnamon: missed xapp version bump
> https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon/commit/ac36f156edd31bdbc201ca8c38908a2342c667a1

Thanks, bumped.

>    to check better if other clean and improvements are possible after
> meson migration and some upstream clean (I don't have time now)

I already use -Ddocs=true from meson, but I am not sure what else could
be used.

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions.

With the above open question (install links to csd_* in /usr/bin)
decided, what about uploading a first set to experimental?

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev