Re: Cinnamon 4.6 upload to experimental or unstable?

Hi,

> Reported now in slack of cinnamon devs

Thanks.

> >> - cjs: I suppose that a symbols check (and if needed improvements) is
> >> need to solves/avoid issue like this:
> >> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=957089

I am a bit stumped what to do here. These symbols files are painful.

> >> about the move of muffin-restart-helper done upstream, @norbert @maxy is
> >> good to do the same in debian or not?
> >> https://github.com/linuxmint/muffin/commit/4c9a40e83cf2fb9f32a19441e62a9234d769d285
> > I am fine with muffing^Wmoving it, but I don't understand the comment
> > in the upstream commit:
> > 	The 'muffin' package isn't usually installed by default.
> > What should that mean?
>

> Muffin is not in deps of upstream cinnamon packages but only the lib and
> gir ones (of muffin), in debian we have it in cinnamon-core and we added

Ok.

I am fine with whatever you think is best. Moving it (with respective
replace/break) is fine. I think keeping muffin as dependency is not a
bad thing, though, but this is not a strong opinion.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev