Re: Cinnamon 4.2, salsa and master branch

Il 20/09/2019 04:06, Norbert Preining ha scritto:
Hi Fabio,

thanks a lot for your comments.

On Thu, 19 Sep 2019, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
About cinnamon-desktop-environment I did only a very fast look and did
this small things:
Thanks, ok.

Probably look to see other improvements is possibile wouldn't be a bad idea.
I checked the other mimetype desktop files and they all exist.

the use of something already available in debian and DE independent
would be preferable, I found for ubuntu but not for debian :(
Hmm, where did you find the one for Ubuntu?
language-selector-gnome but without install recommends or will add part of gnome DE if I remember good

Doing a "big patch" debian specific for implement it without add mint
specific things that will be never accepted upstream I think risk to be
a waste of time. Some years ago I tried to "readd" language setting in
Agreed.

This was discussed with maxy and marga years ago and if I remember good
was rejected the idea to add other panels as deps or recommends, add
also other panels as alternative in code don't "solve" the issue for
anyone but at max for few users with other panels already installed.
Ok, so we leave it like it is. But then we should also close the bug
report, as a system for providing a panel is already in place.

Talking about this in upstream development chat clem and collins
proposed an idea that seems better:
I *totally* agree that this would perfect.

BTW, how did you get access to the linuxmint-development slack channel?
I would like to ask there, too!
I had received the invitation from clem, if you want ask to it is in the public chat here: irc://irc.spotchat.org/linuxmint-dev

well, without ~/ spices really
Yes, that is what I would strongly suggest: disabling all stuff that
is loaded from users home directory.

All the best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev