Re: Cinnamon 4.2, salsa and master branch

Hi Fabio,

thanks a lot for your comments.

On Thu, 19 Sep 2019, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
> About cinnamon-desktop-environment I did only a very fast look and did
> this small things:

Thanks, ok.

> Probably look to see other improvements is possibile wouldn't be a bad idea.

I checked the other mimetype desktop files and they all exist.

> the use of something already available in debian and DE independent
> would be preferable, I found for ubuntu but not for debian :(

Hmm, where did you find the one for Ubuntu?

> Doing a "big patch" debian specific for implement it without add mint
> specific things that will be never accepted upstream I think risk to be
> a waste of time. Some years ago I tried to "readd" language setting in

Agreed.

> This was discussed with maxy and marga years ago and if I remember good
> was rejected the idea to add other panels as deps or recommends, add
> also other panels as alternative in code don't "solve" the issue for
> anyone but at max for few users with other panels already installed.

Ok, so we leave it like it is. But then we should also close the bug
report, as a system for providing a panel is already in place.

> Talking about this in upstream development chat clem and collins
> proposed an idea that seems better:

I *totally* agree that this would perfect.

BTW, how did you get access to the linuxmint-development slack channel?
I would like to ask there, too!

> > well, without ~/ spices really

Yes, that is what I would strongly suggest: disabling all stuff that
is loaded from users home directory.

All the best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev