Re: Cinnamon 4.2, salsa and master branch

Hi Fabio,

thanks for the review. A few comments.

> nemo
> from fast looks seems ok
> @Norbert: this still happen with latest version? bug #883693

Closed.

> cinnamon
> - Added missed python3-setproctitle dep.
> https://salsa.debian.org/cinnamon-team/cinnamon/commit/b6fd3a5686e22c326fe20f2a6d5746a46d6fd96f
> - from 2.2 is missed a gui language settings...

Ok, thanks.

> bug #764413
> any idea on how to fast add an easy gui language selection in cinnamon
> on debian?

I looked into the mintlocales code and that cannot be adapted. I
actually installed it, but we don't have all the "languages" /
"countries" etc directories. We would need to install a lot more of the
mint* packages to get this work.

> - about fallback session there is any idea on how to improve/solve?
> bug #10911

#810911, right. No idea.

> bug #785336
> start without extensions/applets was reject upstream
> github com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues/5339

Same as above, if there is no reasonable fallback, even to metacity,
then both of them cannot be easily solved.

> cinnamon-desktop-environment
> from fast looks seems ok
> - someone use atril? (i never used it) if yes what is think about?
> bug #918921
> to understand if add it as alternative or default in place evince

Not sure whether I should agree with that or not. I use evince most of
the time, but also atril (envince gtk2 clone). Users can adjust that in
the "Preferred Applications" so I think that having evince is fine.

I am *NOT* sure what happens if evince is *not* installed and cinnamon
started, will it revert automatically to a different program? Need to
check the source.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev