Re: Cinnamon 4.2, salsa and master branch

¡Hola Norbert!

El 2019-09-04 a las 00:38 +0900, Norbert Preining escribió:
Hi Fabio, hi Max,

On Mon, 02 Sep 2019, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
I also saw that cjs 4.0 failed to build on some archs for symbols issue
but I didn't know how to optimally manage the special cases of debug
symbols in order to avoid problems like those :(

I tried to look into that, and it seems that there are some symbol
problems, the respective error is
	dpkg-gensymbols: error: some symbols or patterns disappeared in the symbols file: see diff output below
I did run the pkgkde stuff on a current build of the 4.0.0-1 package
(master branch), and I got a lot of differences in symbols.

I am a bit surprised about that, since the last two commits before the
release were updates to the symbols files.

@Max: do you see what has happened there?

The symbols need to be updated with the buildlogs from all the arches. The scripts getbuildlog and pkgkde-getbuildlogs take care of fetching the logs, and those logs can be feed to pkgkde-symbolshelper batchpatch.

Anyway, here is the diff against current master that I get by using
pkgkde-symbolshelper attached.

The changes there are all related to optional symbols, thus not really important (most are related to templates, and others to changes in the way g++ handles destructors, these change regularly with different versions of g++).

Happy hacking,
--
"Some people worry that artificial intelligence will make us feel inferior, but then, anybody in his right mind should have an inferiority complex every time he looks at a flower."
-- Alan Kay