Re: Cinnamon 4.2, salsa and master branch

Hi Fabio,

> I'll try to give you an help with review changes, test packages and
> check bugtracker when I'll have time.

Thanks.

> Small advice after I saw gir1.2-nemo-3.0 missed in latest bug reports,
> is good test also clean install with new packages, for example I did in
> past a clean sid vm (do a clone of it before cinnamon install can be
> useful for faster multiple tests) without any DE and install latest
> cinnamon-core and after cinnamon-desktop-environment with some basic
> fast tests to catch things like this, if you will not have time tell me
> and I'll do that for 4.2 after packages review.

I did something with automatic testing in chroots, but not with
functionality checks by starting the programs, for that one need a human
and a vm - sorry, I don't have really time to investigate that.

And I think these kind of errors are fine in unstable when uploading a
major version, we can fix them quickly.

Anyway, thanks a lot

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev