Re: Would like to join

¡Hola ItsSwirlz!

El 2019-08-19 a las 11:52 -0400, ItsSwirlz escribió:
Hi, I am ItzSwirlz, founder, director, and Developer of the Ubuntu Cinnamon
remix.

I was getting he latest Cinnamon from the repos but I was told by other flavor
makers and Alan Pope, from the Canonical Ubuntu Board it wasn’t really smart if
I wanted to make a flavor and I should join you guys because I can help update
the repos since Ubuntu’s upstream is Debian .

I was downloading the repos of the Cinnamon from the Linux Mint repository then
building it using dpkg -buildpackage .

That might not be enough to test the packages in a Debian system or to test dependencies in a clean chroot, please consider setting up a local sbuild chroot and to build the packages using it. [1]

The first time I used Ubuntu was about five years ago and later I discovered
Debian.

Please, it would be an honor of I could join the team and help build with you,
as long as you show me the ropes.

Welcome to the team! I saw your request to join the salsa project, would you mind sending a couple of merge request before granting you access to all our repos?

Happy hacking,

[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/sbuild
--
"By definition, when you are investigating the unknown, you do not know what you will find"
-- The Ultimate Principle