Re: Cinnamon 4

Il 13/12/2018 06:16, Norbert Preining ha scritto:
> Ciao Max, ciao Fabio,
>
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2018, Norbert Preining wrote:
>>> cjs is a stale version of gjs, that's only being used by cinnamon, updating
>>> the breaks fields in cjs can be used to avoid an api bump.
>> Ok ... I will do this later!
> Since cinnamon is the only rdepends (outside of the cjs package build),
> and the cjs package already contains
> 	Breaks: cinnamon (<< 4.0)
> that should be fine.
>
>> On Wed, 12 Dec 2018, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
>>> Checked now and 4.0 sources are already present, for example in
>>> http://packages.linuxmint.com/pool/backport/n/nemo-python/
>>> Seem that nemo-fileroller debian/watch need change like the nemo-python
> I have updated nemo-python and nemo-fileroller. nemo-python switched to
> meson + ninja, bit a pain, but is working now.
>
>>> uscan still show 3.8 as latest because 4.0 switched from .tar.gz to .tar.xz
> Hmm, that watch file lists ARCHIVE_EXT or so, not sure what this means,
> probably the format of the last uploaded .orig.tar. That would mean
> after uploading one version in .xz format it should work ... I guess.
>
>> Good point. Indeed, clutter/cogl etc is now build from within.
>> Will work on that, too.
> Removed clutter-dev and cogl-dev, then played around to get proper build
> deps to build again (stuff that is needed for building clutter and cogl
> in the sources).
>
> Binaries, source package in my repo updated, changes pushed to git.
I did another very fast check:
- cinnamon-desktop have this debian/rules change missed:
https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon-desktop/commit/dd905c7a672a241b2b9261a0df9c98283e35f5c6#diff-6e9552c9bd8e61c8f277c21220160234
- about cinnamon-screensaver plugin remove probably can be good add a
break/replace like what did upstream for remove old packages on upgrade
https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon-screensaver/commit/081ba50b39bcbf5f8ef58c6c6b76d3e385d48db1#diff-6e9552c9bd8e61c8f277c21220160234