Re: Some question about Sound Card and code page 936

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 06:13:42PM +0800, Ben Luo wrote:
> I am so sorry email you directly. But my smtp.etang.com said can not
> send my email to debian-chinese@lists.debian.org. So I have to send you.

No problem.  Could you tell me the error message that you encountered?

> > Dear Sir,
> >
> > I have a problem about Sound Card. From /var/log/dmesg, kernel know my
> > sound card, but when I type "cat /dev/sndstat" it display like attachment.
> > Why?

Your attachment looks fine to me.  It looks very similar to mine.  I've
attached the output of "cat /dev/sndstat" to this message too.  :-)

> > Another problem is codepage? 936 seem not to work. I "ls *",? some
> > files' name are chinese in vfat file system, the? file display ???? or
> > ??????, not chinese. Why?

You need something like this in /etc/fstab:

/dev/hda7   /dosd  vfat  noauto,user,codepage=936,iocharset=cp936   0   0

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada

--
| This message was re-posted from debian-simplified-chinese@lists.debian.org
| and converted from gb2312 to big5 by an automatic gateway.
OSS/Free:3.8s2++-971130
Load type: Driver loaded as a module
Kernel: Linux lovelife 2.2.16 #1 Thu Jun 8 15:41:11 MDT 2000 i586
Config options: 0

Installed drivers:

Card config:

Audio devices: