Re: How about sound card in debian

On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 11:18:55PM -0700, zhaoway wrote:
> [forwarded to debian-simplified-chinese@lists.debian.org
> since i don't know the answer.]

> From: Ben Luo <benluo@etang.com>
> Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 18:10:18 +0800
>
> >Dear Zhao,
> >
> >I recently convert redhat to debian(woody). I can not let my
> >Mozilla m14 input chinese. The worst is my sound car can not
>
> try: xcin, mozilla M16++ builds..

Just be careful, don't use the M16 test .deb, and secondly, Wichert (our
fearless project leader) has commented that M16 is "evil"---it may need
to be run as root to configure some stuff the first time, and it may mess
things up.  I would rather not touch it yet.  I'm sticking with Netscape
4.73 for now.  I know, it is non-free, but Mozilla isn't ready for me yet.

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada