Re: Announce MuLi (Multipliciter Lingua)

Anthony Fok wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 03, 2000 at 01:39:47PM +0800, Kam Tik wrote:
> > Hey, who would like to pack it as a Debian package?? I will promote this
> > program to Hong Kong / Taiwan people in our new magazine. ^^
>
> Cool!  What magazine?

The new magazine in HK(and maybe TW later) which talks about Linux entirely. The
name is not yet confirmed. Will be released at the coming Linux world HK.

> > By the way, I couldn't download the GtkExText widget as the link was dead.
> > I'm wondering if you could include the widget's header file into your
> > program (so that people don't need to download it separately). And it is
> > more convinence to pack it.
>
> Actually, it may be better to keep them separate, and package the GtkExText
> widget as a separate Debian package, as GtkExText is used in other software
> too.

Oh yes. I didn't think that GtkExText is such complicated. :P
Pack them separately is much better. Oh! I've no experience on packing a library
package! What do I need to be caution for a library package?

> > > to compile MuLi you nead the gtkextext widget found at:
> > > http://www.bahnhof.se/~mikeh/linux_software.html
>
> Try:
>    http://www.bahnhof.se/~mikeh/linux/
>
> instead. the tarball is at:
>    http://www.bahnhof.se/~mikeh/linux/files/gtkextext/gtkextext-0.0.21.tar.gz

> Apparently, GtkExText's author Mikael Hermansson did some reorganization on
> his web site to group all the Linux related stuff under linux/, but not all
> the links were updated.  :-)

Oh thanks! I can download it now. And the program is now working.

--
Kam Tik