Re: display chinese file in vfat partition

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 12:20:52PM +0800, 50191914@uxmail.cityu.edu.hk wrote:
> Thx,it work...However ,in my RH6.0+CLE..
> I no need set /etc/fstab to include codepage=950,iocharset=cp950 option...
> it just remain normal and it will display chinese automatically when
> I set LANG=zh_TW.Big5 ...

Hey, it is _the_ CLE you're talking about here.  :-)  They have meticulously
set up an all-rounded and polished Chinese GNU/Linux operating system, and
perhaps even added "codepage=950,iocharset=cp950" as default in their
"mount" program or in the kernel.  I'm not sure.  But that could explain it.
:-)  Gotta love the CLE for their effort.  It will take quite some time for
the Chinese support in Debian to catch up, but we are working on it.  Hey,
if you have time, you are more than welcomed to join us, the Debian Chinese
Project Team!  :-)

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada