Re: Problem on zh_CN.GB2312 locale

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000 thhsieh@linux.org.tw wrote:
> I found that the LC_CTYPE is very different, however, the one in Debian
> package cannot work, but the one in i18n_tool.tar.gz package works.
> Therefore, I suggest that someone could take a look at it.

Thanks for the notice, Tung-Han!

I apologize that I have been pretty out of touch lately, esp. with regard
to the Debian Chinese Project.  I have suspected the locale problem for
some time, but hadn't got the time or the energy to look into it.  (Too
busy with school, etc.)  Likewise, I had neglected to update xcin to the
latest and greatest one with OverTheSpot feature and works nicely with
Netscape.  Part of the problem is also my procrastination and avoidance (I
fear what I don't know or understand.  :-)  But yeah, hopefully I'll have
some time in late April, if it is not too late.

I heard that the other Anthony (ypwong) is also busy with his new job too.
Hehe, oh well, we'll see who gets to it first.  Meanwhile, I wonder if
new-maintainer is moving, so we can get more help.  :-)

(Yeah, this problem with zh_CN.GB2312 can probably be counted as "Release
Critical", although not yet filed as such.  :-)

Gotta run.  Have fun everyone!  :-)

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada