Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:48:04 -0700
From: ftang@netscape.com (Yung-Fong Tang)
To: thhsieh@twcpro.phys.ntu.edu.tw, clkao@CirX.ORG, erik@netscape.com,
        Tague Griffith <tague@netscape.com>
CC: Katsuhiko Momoi <momoi@netscape.com>,
        Teruko Kobayashi <teruko@netscape.com>, tlug@linux.org.tw,
        mozilla-i18n@mozilla.org
Subject: [TLUG] XCIN and Mozilla

Dear Mr. Hsieh and Mr. Kao:

Thanks for your greate job of XCIN.

We are currently developing Mozilla, right now. Our group are working on
the I18N part of mozilla (see  international projects
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/intl/index.html for details). The Linux
version can now render Chinese with no problem (Thanks Erik van der Pole
for his great work) Mozilla can now accept input from  native input
method on Mac and Window already (Thanks for Tague Griffith's great
job). In the next several weeks, Erik will start to work on adding X
window Input Method support for Linux Mozilla by following the Input
Method integration design done by tague - see  Seamonkey Input Method
Specification
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/intl/input-method-spec.html

Inside Netscape, Erik will perform his unit test of  Input Method work
only target on Wnn6. The reason is there are too many input method
engines around, and it is very difficult for him to test on every IM
engine. Therefore, we limit his unit test target only on Wnn6. Since you
are the author of XCIN, I believe you will interest to make sure Mozilla
interact with XCIN correctly. Therefore, I ask you to test Mozilla with
XCIN and give us feedback in weekly basis, if possible.Code review or
even code contribution are also welcome.

Katsuhiko Momoi and Teruko Kobayashi are our internal QA. Momoi is also
orgnized public developers to perform QA works for us- see
International QA http://www.mozilla.org/quality/intl.html for updated
info.

If you are interest, please visit www.mozilla.org/community.html and
subscribe (please read the community.html page about how to subscribe
first) netscape.public.mozilla.i18n newsgroup . Thanks.

BTW, how you print Chinese characters on Linux to PostScript printer
these days ? We have not solve the PostScript pringing issue  yet.

----- End forwarded message -----