Displaying and typing Chinese in Debian

Hi everyone,

I have used Debian for a while and like it very much. But I really want to display and type chinese in Linux (and X window). Does that mean I have to upgrade the system to potato so that I can use the chinese locale stuff in the new libc as well as XA+CV and xcin. I also want to use chinese LATEX, TeX, and gnome. Would there be a big stability problem if I upgrade it to potato. Thanx in advance. pls include me in the reply list because I haven't subscribed the mailing list yet.

Edwin Lau
May the Source be with you :-)