Re: packages for chinese fonts and dependencies

On Fri, Jul 09, 1999 at 10:34:54PM +1000, Shao Zhang wrote:
|Hi,
|	Since, my main partition is full, I am going to package my own chinese fonts
|	and install them in /usr/local which is on a different partition.
|
|	However, my concern is if there are any packages that depending on these chinese
|	fonts package, then I will be unable to meet the dependencies.
|
|	I have checked several chinese packages such as crxvt, cjk-latex and xcin, none
|	of them is depending on any chinese fonts packages, but only suggest them.
|
|	Can anyone confirm me that in the future, we will only have these packages suggesting
|	chinese fonts, but never depend on them.
|
|	If that is the case, then I am happy and going to install all the fonts in /usr/local

I really want all Debian packages that must require Chinese fonts to
Depend on them. So I think it is xcin's bug to not Depend, but only
Recommend Chinese fonts.

I think it's better for us to have a virtual package called
xfonts-chinese-{gb,big5}...

--
Anthony Wong.   [ E-mail: hajime@asunaro.dhs.org / ypwong@debian.org ]