Re: [HELP!] Network Disappeared ON Dell D630 Laptop

Hi, there was a problem when I was compiling the alsa driver source. I installed ja-trans package which removed all netbase and nettools packages.
I didn't notice it and just pressed Y .
It's a mistake. Now have got it back to work!

Thanks for all.

On Nov 10, 2007 1:57 AM, Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer+debian@icfo.es> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 19:55:50 +0800, Michael Yang wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> I was compiling the alsa sound driver on my laptop, while the network was
> working well.
> When finished compile, I reboot the laptop, and now the network doesn't work
> at all.
>
> I found there's no "ifconfig" command, and no network script under
> /etc/init.d.
> It seems that all network related files disappeared.
> How could this come up? Is the sound driver compiled into kernel causing the
> problem? It's strange.
>
> How can I get the network function back? Does anyone has experience on this
> problem?

Post the output of this command:

dpkg -l netbase ifupdown | awk '/^[^D|+]/{print $1,$2,$3}'

--
Regards,            | http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer
         Florian   |