Fwd: Translating packages.debian.org (Call for translations)

For all who are interested.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
Date: 18 Oct 2007 06:04
Subject: Translating packages.debian.org (Call for translations)
To: debian-www@lists.debian.org, debian-i18n@lists.debian.org

[bcc'ing existing translators]

Hi.

As most of you might have noticed, packages.debian.org has gone through
quite some changes in the last months. After this has now stabilized
somewhat and after I (mostly) fixed the l10n support again, I would now welcome
translations of these websites.

Note that package descriptions are translated through the DDTP. I have
not followed its status and can say nothing about that. I just use the
data I get from it.

The files to translate are available from the git repository. You can
either download them from the webinterface
http://git.debian.org/?p=webwml/packages.git;a=tree;f=po;hb=HEAD
(follow the "raw" links)
or clone the git repository from
git://git.debian.org/webwml/packages.git

There are four .pot files.
langs.pot - this is mostly identical with langs.pot from the webwml
            website repository. If a translation for that is already
            available, you can just tell me to use it.
sections.pot - this is used for the pages http://packages.debian.org/<dist>/
            If you only want to translate the minimum, I would start
            with this.
pdo.pot - Mostly error messages from the Perl code.
templates.pot - Strings from the output templates.

Please send your translations as bug reports against the www.debian.org
pseudo-package.

Advanced topics
===============

1) write access
---------------

Members of the webwml group have write access to the repository
mentioned above. If you want, you can push your changes directly
to the repository. replace git:// with ssh:// in the URL.

non-DDs with write access to the website CVS are not automatically
added to the webwml project on alioth, please ask me to do this
manually (the alioth web interface has means to do that).

2) .pot regeneration

If for whatever reason you want to regenerate the .pot files and merge
them with the .po files you can use use this step-by-step guide:

 a) checkout the git repository
 b) inside the checkout, run ./bin/setup-site $(pwd) packages.debian.org
 c) run ./cron.d/500update_mo

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>