Re: 我想申请DD

我也有这个愿望,不过我感觉如果自己没有项目可以贡献的话,想真正参与到某个项目中去似乎很难很难。

英语交流水平好有很大的优势,至少参与项目时的选择更多。我看过一段老外写的关于怎样参与开源项目的话,
On Thu, June 7, 2007 20:14, Joe Rodriguez wrote:
> I would like to learn how to join this team.  I use the debian installer
> quite a bit at work for our automated installs and would love to help
> the team develop this quicker.  Please let me know what I need to do to
> help.

There's no formal process but you've already taken the first step -
mailing this list.
参与邮件列表

In addition you also have the IRC channel (#debian-boot on irc.debian.org )
which in my experience has the most activity from late evening into late
nights (CET).
IRC在傍晚到午夜比较活跃

There's also the wiki page - http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller which
contains lots of information (with a varying degree of completeness).
分享wiki

You might find http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Contrib especially
interesting.
选择感兴趣的工作,TODO、翻译、BUG、文档等

Basically (this is what I did at least), you check out debian-installer
from SVN (see http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/svn), build
some images, hack on it, break it, fix it, build new images, test, create
patches, file bug reports on the relevant packages with patches attached,
discuss with people here and on IRC, etc.
对获得的代码进行处理、剖析、修正、编译、测试、创建补丁、提交相关的BUG并且附加补丁、和其他人进行交流等等

Just, think of what you would like to fix/improve/implement in
debian-installer and then dive right in.

That's the development part of it, there are of course other things which
need to be done as well, for example bug triage
(http://wiki.debian.org/ProcessingInstallationReports ) and translations
(http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/l10n-stats/).

在07-6-22,LI Daobing <lidaobing@gmail.com> 写道:
On 6/22/07, Zhibin.Guan <zhibinguan@163.com> wrote: