Re: [Pkg-isocodes-devel] [l10n][iso-codes]iso_4217's simplified Chinese translation

On 2/1/07, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
If you can, please send such  patches as bug reports against the
Debian package iso-codes. That makes tracking easier.
OK.

> translated text is GB2312 clean, because some msgid can't convert to
> gb2312, so you need use 'grep msgstr zh_CN.po | iconv -f utf8 -t
> gb2312' to verify.

Should that really be mandatory?
not required, but some font package only provide font from GB2312
charset, so I think it's a good idea to make the translation does not
use traditional Chinese text, Japanese variant and etc.

--
LI Daobing