Re: how to config jre 1.5 for sarge?

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 03:06:28AM -0700, Serena Cantor wrote:
> I download and install jre 1.5 from sun on sarge.
> How to config Chinese font? In jre's lib directory,
> there are config files for redhat and suse, but not
> sarge.
>
> It can't display Chinese now.

The quick and dirty way would be putting a TrueType Chinese font in the
directory $JRE/lib/fonts/fallback/, and java will pick that font
automatically for glyphs without a designated font.

Read http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/intl/fontconfig.html if
you want to know more about fonts in java 1.5.

Ming
2006.09.11