Fwd: Failed to debootstrap sid on sarge machine?

Sorry, the conversation became offlist, because I forgot to "reply to
all" in gmail.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Qiu Yu <unicell@gmail.com>
Date: Aug 29, 2006 9:13 PM
Subject: Re: Failed to debootstrap sid on sarge machine?
To: Carlos Liu <about.linux@gmail.com>

On 8/29/06, Carlos Liu <about.linux@gmail.com> wrote:
On 8/29/06, Qiu Yu <unicell@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> I'm trying to install sid into a chrooted environment using debootstrap.
>
> #debootstrap
> --exclude=base-config,ipchains,libnewt0.51,libsigc++-1.2-5c102,slang1a-utf8
> sid /sid-root http://debian.cn99.com/debian/
>
> Those excluded packages were omitted because debootstrap failed to download
> them. And It eventually failed with:
>
> I: Extracting libstdc++5...
> mount: error while loading shared libraries: libdevmapper.so.1.02: cannot
> W: Failure trying to run: chroot /sid-root mount -t proc proc /proc
> umount: /sid-root/dev/pts: not mounted
> umount: /sid-root/dev/shm: not mounted
> umount: /sid-root/proc/bus/usb: not found
> umount: /sid-root/proc: not mounted
>
> And my host machine:
> "Linux dsarge 2.4.27-2-386 #1 Wed Nov 30 21:38:51 JST 2005 i686 GNU/Linux"
>
> Any one succeeded in debootstrapping sid on sarge machine?

Simply searched the error msg in Google, I got the answer. You have to
use cdebootstrap or newer debootstrap, becasue your current one is too
old. Please read all comments in http://www.debianhelp.org/node/1169 .

--
Best Regards
Carlos

Thanks a lot for your answer. I did check that post before asking, but
just to fast and skipped some comments.

I upgraded my debootstrap to  0.3.2bpo2 from backports, and it works!
Thanks again for your help.

--
Qiu, Yu
email:  unicell@gmail.com