>From my Debian Installer experience, display of Chinese at the console
is currently not optimal, so this may still have some interest....as
long as someone stills maintains the package.

Please do *not* answer to me but follow instructions detailed below.

----- Forwarded message from Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> -----

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:18:06 +0100
From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
To: debian-devel-announce@lists.debian.org
Subject: Upcoming removal of orphaned packages

There are currently over 200 orphaned packages, many of which have
been on WNPP for quite a long time and some with RC bugs.  I intend to
request the removal of a number of packages in three weeks unless a
package has been adopted by someone by then.

The packages are split into two sections.  The first section lists
packages which have been manually selected by Frank Lichtenheld.  For
each of these packages, there is a brief description why it should be
removed.  If you want to adopt any of these packages, you should have
good arguments against these reasons.  The second list has been more
liberally put together by me (although I could have included many more
packages).

If you want to keep any of the following packages, please make sure to
 - have a good reason why you want to adopt it (you use it, there are
   other users, you think you can fix its bugs)
 - change the title of the WNPP bug from O: to ITA: as described on
   http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp
 - make an upload to the archive, change the Maintainer: field to you,
   fix as many bugs as possible, also check for new upstream releases
   (or, in many cases, be willing to take over upstream), etc.
 - Make sure to close the WNPP bug in your upload.

If you cannot make an upload for some reason then contact debian-mentors
(if you need a sponsor) or debian-qa (for other reasons).  However, unless
there is a good reason, an upload should happen within the next 3 weeks.

Please refer to http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp for more information.

Section 1: manually selected packages

.../...

cce -- Console Chinese Environment - display Chinese (GB) on console [#189523]
  orphaned 784 days ago, 2 RC bugs which limit functionality, new
  upstream version available, very small install base