Re: thinkpad t22 and debian

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 02:59:20AM -0800, YL wrote:
> Dear list,
> I'm looking for help/doc about how to install debian to my T22 thinkpad.
> One of the difficalties is that I still need to keep my win2k around for a
> while
> and so I need to make it dual boot.
> In general, I have no idea how to even just install a single boot debian.
> My final goal is to make my debian the only os and make my T22  100%
> chinese/gb enabled.
>
> Please let me know how to get this started. Thanks a lot!

Use the newest sarge d-i installer, it should be able to detect the
existed windows operation system and make your system dual-bootable.
It did work on my laptop, a Thinkpad T22. But I can't gaurantee that
it could work on your laptop as perfect as mine. So, backup important
files before you start.

Please download the installer cd image at
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ .  You can also find
English manual, FAQ and wiki on that page. Chinese manual is located
at http://softforge.3322.org/d-i-manual/ .

--
 Best Regards,
 Carlos