Re: How to activate scim-chinese in scim?

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 01:01:31PM -0400, Hong Jiang wrote:
> Because I'm running Debian on a Mac, I installed scim (0.99),
> scim-tables, and scim-chinese from source (directly from scim
> homepage, not the source Debian packages). However, I cannot activate
> the smart pinyin input method (scim-chinese). All other methods work
> fine. But I can see the Server -> Smart Pinyin panel in the setup
> dialog.

Go check the scim-chinese source.  Last time I checked (0.3.0),
scim-chinese do not make new binary input data table from the text ones,
but install some premade binary table files directly.  There is tools to
make binary tables from text tables, though, I think it's just a mistake
in Makefiles that forgot to call it.  I have no idea if these binary
tables are cross-platform or not, though.  So if they are still not
remade during compiling, remake them, and see if it makes any
difference.  I would be very interested to know the result, so please
report back.

Regards,
Ming
2004.06.24

Wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand.  The ordinary telegraph
is like a very long cat.  You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in
Los Angeles.  The wireless is the same, only without the cat.
                                                       --- Albert Einstein