xfs-xtt not showing Chinese

Hi,

I have searched the archive and didn't find anything. I doubt that I'm the only one who has the problem. I'm using SID. When I use xfs-xtt as the font server, Chinese from *some* websites can't be displayed, e.g. www.chinatex.org. The Chinese characters in the bookmarks can't be displayed, either. The characters are all shown as a sign like a flipped "L". Xfs can howoever display Chinese for every site I tried. But xfs doesn't understand TT hints too well and the font is *ugly*.

What do I miss here?

Thanks,
Frank

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com