Re: [问题]debian的unstable真的有很不稳吗?

On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 01:35:27PM +0800, Isaac To wrote:
>     ha> upgrade libpango and change the line in
>     ha> /etc/defoma/hints/ttf-arphic-bkai00mp.hints to: Shape = Upright
>     ha> NoSerif
>
>     ha> the ttf packages should add the 'serif' or 'noserif' setting for
>     ha> fonts.
>
> Do you know whether the Anthony (maintainer of ttf-arphic-bkai00mp and
> ttf-arphic-bsmi00lp) knows about that?  Or perhaps I should file a bug
> report?

When I reported a flaw in the pango package of debian, I've cc'ed
Anthony about the problem. Maybe the mail was not clear on what
to have be done with the font packages. I was talking about a
flaw in pango package afterall :). [bug #144941]

I was not pushing on the issue, because currently pango does not
prioritize fonts based on their language tags. As a result, if an
explicit Chinese font is put in front of a wildcat matched 1 byte latin
font, we will have a problem: all the latin1 characters will be
displayed using the latin1 glyphs in the Chinese font. It is really
ugly. So the situation now is that even with the Shape fields updated,
in order to properly display i18n text, manual intervention is still
needed by puting a latin font in front of Chinese font (in
pangox.aliases).

pango in the future will use xft2 only which will take language into
consideration or so as I heard.

The fix on the font packages is need eventually, though. So please fill
the bug report.

--
hashao|                  三十辐,共一毂,当其无,有车之用。
hashao|                  埏埴以为器,当其无,有器之用。