ALSA sound configuration problem

Hi! I have a question about alsa(advanced linux sound architecture) driver.
I use the version 0.5.10b on my 2.2r0 box(kernel 2.2.17). When I ran configure in alsa-driver
directory, it told me that :

ERROR occurs when "checking for kernel version...expr: syntax error
expr: syntax error
expr: syntax error
failed (probably missing /usr/src/linux/include/linux/version.h)

I've checked /usr/src and found that there were NO files and sub-directories.

In /usr/include/linux, however, I found version.h. But its content is kernel 2.2.15.

After I copy the version.h to /usr/src/linux/include/linux/ , the configuration is OK.

But I still can't make the total installation successful.

I've used CLE and successfully set up ALSA driver, but the same way can't work under Debian.

On alsa-user mailing lists, the same problem occurred (Not on CLE or Redhat, you know...../sigh!)

Could someone tell me HOWTO or reference.

Appreciate your reply!!!