Re: 安装XFree86 4.1.0

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 01:42:16PM +0800, malix@263.net wrote:
> and ,if anyone else can tell me whether GB18030 support will be added
> into GNOME/KDE?
> I can generate GB18030 locale in console,but the GNOME/KDE seemed not to
> support it.

It's a XFree86 thing. currently XFree86 does not support GB18030.
TurboLinux and Redhat are adding their own patch to XFree86 for
GB18030, most work done by Turbolinux. XFree86 guys are not sure
how to include their patches.

Since X does not do GB18030, Gnome/KDE won't either.

--
hashao|     故用间有五:有乡间,有内间,有反间,有死间,有生间。五间俱起,
hashao|     莫知其道,是谓神纪,人君之宝也。