problem with X's fontpath

  After the last upgrade, my X cannot start. In file
/var/log/XFree86.0.log, I can find somthing like this:

Could not init font path element /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc, removing from list!

font path include 75dpi, 100dpi, 75dpi:unscaled, 100dpi:unscaled.
other part of this file is the same as the ordinary one. my video card is
Riva TNT2, and I use nvidia's offical driver(version 1.0.1541, and I use
this driver just for better performancs in video playing).

what's wrong with it or how can I find more detailed information?