Re: [Cle-devel] Re: Tarball for kde-i18n-2.2.1

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 06:12:05PM +0800, Edward G.J. Lee wrote:
> > Already their PO files will fail because of the wrong encoding, but if you
> > also change the name of the language, all translations in .desktop files
> > (including those of KDE) will not be displayed. This all is an issue we
> > should care for in preparation of KDE 3. E.g. look in the .mo files for the
> > charset (or all use utf-8 :).
>
>   I don't see where the ``free'' is? you _force_ people to use utf-8.
>   I will fight to this conclusion. I'm a Big5 Chinese people. I hope
>   all Gb Chinese people refuse this conclusion too.
>
>   This email is in Big5 encoding and write in Big5 locale.

Don't worry.  I think what Stephan means is that the *.po files should be
all encoded in UTF-8, as is already done by the Taiwan KDE-i18n Team. There
are many many other encodings like GB2312/GBK/GB18030, KOI8-R, EUC-JP,
EUC-KR, etc. that will remain in Qt and KDE for a very, very long time.

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling