Re: I plan to add GBK support for GNU emacs

Su Yong <ysu@mail.ustc.edu.cn> writes:

> It seems that emacs21.0.104 will be the last release of pretest,
> before emacs21.1 release. :(

at least .105 has been out for awhile. ;) if it really does matter for
you to get the lastest prerelease for your development, you could
certainly ask gnu emacs developers for you to be a pretester, then you
could keep up with their progress. (i'm not a pretester, but don't ask
me where i get my copy of .105 from. ;)

it seems emacs21 has great improvements over these stuff (chinese,
unicode, font, drawing, etc.) that i cannot hold back myself to
emacs20 but keep using the prerelease. so i guess this really makes
difference for your development. ;) ie. maybe the related mechanism in
emacs20 is different from that in emacs21. just guessing.

regards,