Re: 关于task-chinese-t的安装

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 10:59:11PM +0800, Hilary Cheng wrote:
> I have tried the latest installation of x-ttcidfont-conf.
> I found that if i use the freetype instead of xtt. X will not
> find the fonts of Arphic. For the others like the msttcfonts,
> those fonts work correctly. Is that possible to use freetype since
> it can support AA Fonts.

Yes and no.  (You are too picky  ;-)  <grin, duck run>)

X-TT (module "xtt") currently has better support for CJK fonts, partly
because of its TTCaps fonts.dir file.  Just check out
/usr/lib/X11/fonts/defoma/TrueType/fonts.dir and you will notice
some special tags that give you nice bold and slanted CJK fonts.

As for module "freetype", while it supports most CJK fonts, does not
recognize the TTCaps stuff.  Note that slanted CJK fonts are still
possible using XFLD matrix transform, but not poor-man's bold fonts.

Both "xtt" and "freetype" uses the FreeType 2.0.x (libfreetype6) library.
The "xtt" module is mainly written by Japanese; "freetype" by European.
Personally, I prefer "xtt" because it gives me those nice "poor-man's" bold
fonts.

If you really want to switch to the "freetype", run this first:

	dpkg-reconfigure x-ttcidfont-conf

and edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 appropriately, then restart X.

Hope this helps,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling  霍东灵