Re: Another idea: Chinese Diagnostic Program

on thu, jun 14, 2001 at 02:53:55am -0600, foka@debian.org wrote:
>   在不久的将来,写一个 chinese diagnostic 的程式好不好?
> 这个「扮聪明」的 perl 或 python script 程式,会自动检查系统,
> (debian、cle、mandrake、red hat),核心版本, xfree86 版本,
> 已安装的中文相关软件包 (locale, crxvt, etc.),各相关的设定档,
> 如此类进,自动侦测有什么地方可能出错,然后自动制作一份报告
> 给用户,报告里包括了所有相关设定档的内容。

good idea!

>   不过,要真的著手写这样的程式也未必容易。不过,写了也是好的。
> :-)  大家不妨发表意见,草议一下这个中文支援侦测程式的设计,
> 以便将来写作。 :-)

先把需要检查的设定项目尽量列出来,然后再考虑用什么方式实现这些
检查。没有具体的问题,要找出解决方法可有点困难。 :)

packages:
=========
List of installed Chinese related packages.
For essential Chinese packages, just check and list not installed
ones.

config file(embed with related packages?):
/etc/xinrc
/etc/gtk/gtkrc.zh_CN
/etc/gtk/gtkcn.zh_TW.big5
/etc/locale.gen
/etc/XF86Config
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4
/etc/X11/xfs/config
/usr/lib/ZWinPro/*
/usr/lib/X11/locale/

environment:
============
LC_CTYPE
LC_MESSAGES
XMODIFIERS
For X,
xlsfonts for Chinese fonts

local .rc:
==========
Fonts in .gnome/*
.rc for common app
.bash_profile
.login
.xsession

Now seems like we need something similar to defoma to have each
package to install its own check script. Or all checks in one package
and only run related check if a package is installed.

--
hashao|        山前灯火欲黄昏,山头来去云。鹧鸪声里数家村,潇湘逢故人。
hashao|        挥羽扇,整纶巾,少年鞍马尘。如今憔悴赋招魂,儒冠多误身!