Re: Foreigners want no tone pinyin input method

Dan Jacobson <jidanni@kimo.com.tw> writes:

> As a foreigner, I hope one day linux has a Pinyin input method like
> Microsoft's that "womenkeyishuruhenchangdezichuan" [we can enter
> lengthy Chinese character strings] without [optional] tone numbers,
> because: 1. Us foreigners can't hear or remember tones too good anyway
> sometimes.  2. it's fast!  [Also Microsoft's can remember what we
> often type, like my name.]

That's exactly what I want to achieve in dim.sourceforge.net, have a
look! ;-)

> Hi everybody.  My web page has some fun stuff about Taiwan's pinyin
> road sign fight.
> --
> http://www.geocities.com/jidanni Tel886-4-25854780 ¿n¤¦¥§

Unfortunately I cannot visit geocities.com from within mainland. :-(

--
Personal Homepage ....................... http://www.zhaoway.com
Debian Chinese Input Method ......... http://dim.sourceforge.net