Re: Question: What to download for Debian?

On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 10:56:06PM +0200, Alex Wang wrote:
> There's no ISO images available on our mirror, and I'm subject to a download
> quota
> per day if I don't download from our local mirror.

I suggest you go through the "wizard" thing on http://cdimage.debian.org/
It'll give you instructions on how to create a CD by using only the
files available on mirror sites.

> Finally, does Debian have support for NVidia Riva128ZX (8mb)? I tried
> Mandrake and gave up after a whole day trying to fix the X settings. Our
> network admin highly recommends Debian ("everyone uses it").

Riva128 is only supported by XFree86 4.x, and the stable version of
Debian (potato) only has XFree86 3.x.  However you can easily upgrade to
XFree86 4.x once you have installed a base system, especially since you
have a fast connection to a local mirror.

--
  Roger So                                               Opinions are mine,
  Sun Wah Linux Ltd.                                     not my employer's.