Question: What to download for Debian?

Hi everyone:
I'm writing this in English just in case.

I'm new to Linux and want to install Debian. I have access to a local mirror
at about 180k/s through a LAN connection.

My biggest problem at present is: what must I download if I want to run
an installation entirely from harddisk? I intend burning the stuff onto a CD
because
I mess up my operating system easily... :P

There's no ISO images available on our mirror, and I'm subject to a download
quota
per day if I don't download from our local mirror.

Finally, does Debian have support for NVidia Riva128ZX (8mb)? I tried
Mandrake and gave up after a whole day trying to fix the X settings. Our
network
admin highly recommends Debian ("everyone uses it").

I have went through the FAQ and it doesn't tell me what to download...

......I really want to use Debian......someone please help...

Thanks in advance

Alex Wang
Hsi-Ting (Alex) Wang, 王玺廷
ahtwang@yahoo.com.tw