Re: cannot input using xcin

Hi,
I have a few problems for using chinese in debian:
1) how come I only able to type chinese using the
command xcinterm-big5?  even I open another crxvt-big5
afterward, I still can't type chinese in the new
crxvt.
2) how can I type chinese in other applications?
(e.g. licq, abiword, etc)
3) can anyone tell me how can I display chinese on
licq?  or should I say, is there are any chinese
support for QT?

I use blackbox as my windows manager.

just for ref, i have the following in my .bashrc:
export LC_ALL=zh_TW.Big5
export LC_CTYPE=zh_TW.Big5
export LANG=zh_TW.Big5
exprot XMODIFIERS="im=xcin-zh_TW.Big5"

btw, are these two lines only for chinput?
stty cs8 -istrip
stty pass8

I have read the whole chinese FAQ, but just can't find
a solution for the above problems.  I appreciate if
you can give me a hand.  Thanks!

Sincerely,
Lester Lam