Re: [Q] xfonts-arphic... in woody

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 11:56:35AM +0900, wen@japan.email.ne.jp wrote:
> hashao>
> hashao> Yes, it actually works. :) Just
> hashao> 	dpkg-reconfigure xserver-svga
> hashao> in woody and choose xserver-svga. xserver-xfree86 is for 4.0.2.
>
> Good news! Are you using S3 Trio64V2/DX too? if so my box can be upgraded
> to woody/unstable and X4.:-)

I have S3 Savaga3D. It was unsported until 4.0.2. So I used xserver-svga
in woody at the time. You know that Xserver and xlib are not really linked.
You can run Xserver in 3.x or 4.x and use whatever xlib. Just make sure
you use xfs-xtt font server with 3.x. For 4.x, load xtt module and don't
use font server.

Now I use X 4.0.2, it does load faster with Chinese font cuz no fontserver
slowness. Cheers.

Oh, You can also try X 4.0's framebuffer driver.
But I remember your framebuff is not working... whatever...

--
Best regard
hashao