Re: JMCCE 1.0中文环境

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001 linuxrat@gnuchina.org wrote:
> Just take a look in that src.rpm and find what it really has in it.
> I did that maybe over a month ago and mailed this vendor asking something.
> I got the reply but felt not so good. You could look into in whether it
> really open all things that have been opened.

Actually, I have already made a preliminary deb package of jmcce about a
month ago.  (It has a file date of 2001-01-16.  :-)  It is still sitting
on my hard drive, not uploaded yet.

I noticed some problems too, probably minor ones:

  * DOS-style CRLF in the program source.  (Okay, I'm being picky.)
  * The input method files are in binary format, and there was
    no documentation on how to add/modify them.  In this sense,
    it is not very "open source".  Hope it is just an oversight.

I am too lazy, so I haven't e-mailed Taiwan Linux yet, but maybe some day.
:-)

Meanwhile, Linuxrat, would you like us to make an OLE deb?  :-)

I do have a question though:  Did you make up the name
"Oriental Language Environment"?  Or did Kevin Pang rename
his old JMCE package to OLE?

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada