Re: How to set sources.list to install Woody packages ?

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001 16:11:59 +0800
ha shao <hashao@chinese.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 08:47:43PM +1300, shenkr@ihug.co.nz wrote:
> > Hi, I used to be able to update Woody package list and install
> packages
> > but failed recently. There is one line in my sources.list as "deb
> > ftp://ftp.nz.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free". Is it
> wrong
> > or needs some changes ? Tks. Jason
> >

> Are you sure the site is working? Maybe try another site.
> http://www.debian.org/misc/README.mirrors have a list of mirrors.
>
> What's the error messages? Please post error messages when you
> have problem. a simply "failed" will bring you no help.
>
> --
> Best regard
> hashao

Sorry didn't make it clear enough. There is no error message and the
mirror site is definitely working. I don't have any problem to login and
browse the contents of the site by using FTP client.

I'm using console-apt to do the update and install packages. The problem
is that I can't find the packages in "console-apt package list" which I am
quite sure they are there. This is what i meant "failed" to install. Have
tried another mirror site in NZ and Australia but with no luck and the
problem is same. Any help ?    Tks. Jason