Re[3]: 档案共享问题!!

Hello Anthony,

On Wednesday, November 29, 2000, Anthony Fok wrote:

AF> On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, eechi von akusyumi wrote:
>> > 可能我说的不够清楚,我的B机器正在执行win200的系统,但是我的这颗硬碟有两个分
>> 割
>> > :hda1 for windows,hda2 for Debian,执行win2000时Debian并没启动,但是我的A机
>> 器
>> > 使用Red Hat系统想使用未启动B机器上的Debian系统中的档案即hda2的file,这样子
>> 可
>> > 以吗?
>>
>> try Ltools, or explore2fs.
>> basically you can't mount a drive of fs ext2 in windows, thus, you can't
>> share it. you can, though, through the use of copying to make it avavilble
>> to the network.

Hey flylinux:
Of topic or not... But would you contribute to the community by help
others?

Okey, now you know the basic problem is with mounting ext2 under
windows. Well, lucky you! we can do anything in the hackish way. Don't
expect GUI but it works!

http://www.chat.ru/~ashedel/ext2fsnt/ has this driver to mount
ext2 under win NT/00. The bad thing is that there are no source
for this driver and we cannot fix bugs in it. It actually has
bugs. Write on a big HD (>20GB) will sometime screwed all partitions
on that HD. So you'd better mount the drive and set all partitions
on it read only.

And ask the author to release source or if you can find the source
hidden somewhere on the site, let us know.

Cheers!!

--
Best regards,
 hashao                            mailto:hashao@china.com.n.s.pam