Re[2]: Chinese email for mutt under woody

Hello zhaoway,

On Thursday, November 23, 2000, zhaoway wrote:

z> On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 12:00:15PM +0800, ha shao wrote:
>> Just upgraded to woody last night. Mutt cannot
>> display Chinese under Chinese locales. I end up
>> have to let locale-gen to create a da_DK.ISO-8859-1
>> locale and do a alias as:
>>
>> alias mutt="LC_CTYPE=da_DK.ISO-8859-1;mutt"
>>
>> And now things works well in mutt. If you has
>> similar problem, you can try this method.

z> hmm, doesn't work here. :(
z> i now have to set in ~/.muttrc:
z> set pager=/usr/bin/most

Well, you cannot see subjects in the index view then.
Have you tried to unset LC_CTYPE as Roger suggested? I don't know how good that
works. I assume without LC_CTYPE, the locale will fallback to
C or POSIX. LC_CTYPE=C has no printable char outside ASCII.

for my approach, you have to generate da_DK.ISO-8859-1 first by
remove the # in the relative line of /etc/locale.gen and run
locale-gen as root.

Or you have to recompile mutt with locale-fix... options, Roger
has filled a bug report on it. Seems it will be in the next version
of mutt official release. Could take a while though.

--
Best regards,
 hashao                            mailto:hashao@china.com.n.s.pam