Re: Good news!

Dear Andrew,

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Andrew Lee <ajqlee@debian.org> wrote:
Dear all,

Thanks for Rex's input. Actually, this IRC meeting was a direct
suggestion made by Rex in his July 24th email response about the DOT issue:

"I suggest Andrew arrange a meeting on IRC or Skype, when the others
who are interested about this matter to explain what's 'legal
organization' and have a discussion on Internet."

I've faithfully adopted another request earlier as invite SPI folks to
join the discussion on DOT members' email thread.

It's really appreciated to bring SPI folks like Joerg into the loop. Thank you.

Joerg Jaspert(Vice-President of SPI) responded to the DOT members' email
thread on Aug. 4th. There has been no reply to Joerg’s input from the
DOT members until now.  This is very encouraging to see feedbacks aiming
to address the DOT issue.

Andrew, why so hurry?

I prefer to have a thoroughly discussion and make DOT members come out a general understanding first then we have a proper response to SPI instead of over-heated discussion in front of them. This process takes a while and I don't believe this has to be done in few weeks.

Pushing too hard on this topic while ignoring our voted decision will make people misunderstand what you are trying to pursue.

I think we should continue the momentum to drive this IRC meeting to
seriously consider SPI’s initiative.

I do believe many of us are exciting to have some sort of relationship with SPI. But how and when and what will be a big topic for us to think and discuss.

Here is my two cents.

Yours,

Jouston

Kindly regards,