Orphaned fonts in Debian (ttf-arphic* & ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts)

Hi all,

[Please CC pkg-fonts-devel and the appropriate bug reports in reply]

The following fonts are orphaned in Debian, we should fix that:

O 503517 ttf-arphic-bkai00mp -- "AR PL KaitiM Big5" Chinese TrueType font by Arphic Technology
O 503514 ttf-arphic-bsmi00lp -- "AR PL Mingti2L Big5" Chinese TrueType font by Arphic Technology
O 503513 ttf-arphic-gbsn00lp -- "AR PL SungtiL GB" Chinese TrueType font by Arphic Technology
O 503512 ttf-arphic-gkai00mp -- "AR PL KaitiM GB" Chinese TrueType font by Arphic Technology
O 459903 ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts -- BPG Georgian fonts for the graphical installer

ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts:

This sounds like it is no longer needed by d-i:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/GUIFonts

debian-boot folks, can you confirm that?

Can you provide contacts for people interested in Georgian who might
like to join the Debian fonts team and adopt this package?

Or would people interested in Georgian suggest removal of
ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts from Debian?

ttf-arphic-*

These don't appear to be used by the installer. Subscribers of the
debian-chinese-* lists, could you give any information about if these
fonts are still useful?

They need a new maintainer, would any of you like to join the Debian
fonts team and adopt these packages?

Or should we remove these fonts from Debian?

--
bye,
pabs

http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Main/PaulWise