Problems...

Hi,

First of all I aplogise for using english here but it's the only
language that I speak, and I am setting up a machine running debian for
a friend who needs to be able to read Chinese Big5, I have set up and
used Debian linux for a number of years however I have never had to
enable support for other languages so this is all new.

After many hours of configuration I have come up with the following:
http://obsolete.co.nz/snapshot1.png

As you can see from this, specifically in the licq window, I can send
chinese messages, but the font for english is to spaced out and large,
if i change the size to smaller then the characters are unreadable.

What font should I be using? I believe at the moment I am using this
font: ttf-arphic-bkai00mp

I have installed the traditional chinese task as well as anything that i
can find in list of packages that looks hopeful and still have not come
up with anything that is satisfactory.

Can anyone give me some ideas on where I can look for some more
documentation or some other things that I can do?

Thanks for your time

Campbell