Re: hi all, i have a problem getting my chinese(gb) to show properly in Chinese terms

Hi ha shao:
The newest version of the FAQ online i can find is
only 1.5..can you direct me on where to find version
2.4? I have read the 1.5 FAQ very throughly and put in
all the lines in .bashrc and .inputrc....and the
following problem still persist...any help would be
greatly appreciated..
kev

--- ha shao <hashao@hashao.hypermart.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 10:22:07AM -0800, kevin liu
> wrote:
> > hi all, i have a problem getting my chinese(gb) to
> > show properly in Chinese terms such as zhcon,
> crxvt,
> > xcinterm-gb, etc. What happens is that when I type
> > character it shows Ascii mode in octel (at least
> thats
> > what some people in #debian are telling me) to the
> > term. For example if i type NIHAO to the terminal
> it
> > would show
> > \304\343\272\303 to my terminal after my pinyin.
> Does
> > anyone got a clue?
> >
> > appreciated for your help..
> >
> > I am using:
> > Debian (Woody)
> > customized compilation of my kernel
> > zhcon, Chinput and XCIN both shows Ascii octels in
> > term...
> >

> See debian-zh-faq 2.4
>
> --
> hashao|