Re: libBIG5.a modules in X?

Hello Chun,
Sunday, September 09, 2001, 8:18:30 AM, you wrote:
CKEL>         I notice that there is a module in X called libBIG5.a.
CKEL> What is it for?  Do I have to load it to display Big5 Stuff?  I
CKEL> have really big trying to display chinese under X except using
CKEL> xcinterm.  Gnome application don't seems to display nonsense
CKEL> when I setted the locale to zh_TW.big5?  Do I have to patch
CKEL> something or to setup something first?  I am using unstable
CKEL> X4.1 and xcin?  Please help me.  Also, is all the gnome
CKEL> application able to display chinese?

libBIG5.a is used by xtt (x true type [font]) for encoding
conversion. It will be loaded automatically when needed if
you use xtt module. See debian chinese faq for all the
things needed to do for display chinese.

I did not upgrade X for awhile, so if there are problem
after locales are set, it might be bugs in the new X.

Or list the steps you tried to make chinese work.
--
Best regards,
 hashao