Problems with xcin and -deferglyphs

Hi all

I finally can display Chinese properly... (sort of).
So here is another problem with which I'd like to bother
you all with...   :)

My xcin does not work.    :^)

After setting (as described in the Chinese FAQ) the following:
    export LC_CTYPE=zh_TW.Big5
    export LANG=zh_TW.Big5
    export XMODIFIERS="@im=xcin"
in ~/.bashrc and ~/.xsession.

Now at first I tried putting
    xcin
    exec kde2
into ~/.xinitrc, but then X just sits there with the crossed
background and xcin, and it doesn't load KDE. If I use
    xcin &
    exec kde2
then X becomes extremely slow, and I still can't use xcin.
(It's about as slow as a 386 running Windows 2000...not that
it can.)

So I tried adding -deferglyphs 16 as the FAQ says. If I add
it to /etc/kde2/kdm/Xservers, or to /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc,
then X cannot start and gives me KDM again.

I also tried using crxvt-big5 (as in FAQ), and it works
perfectly.

Thanks for any help...

Sincerely
Alex Wang